Forum Moderators: goodroi
Google Inc. has removed tens of thousands of links—possibly more than 100,000—from its European search results from some individuals, according to a person familiar with the matter, illustrating the scale of Europe's nascent "right to be forgotten."
The Mountain View, Calif., company told European privacy regulators during a meeting in Brussels Thursday that it has removed slightly more than 50% of the links that it has so far processed under the new right, the person said.Report: Google Has Removed Over 50 pct of Submissions Under EU's "Right to be Forgotten" [online.wsj.com]
Some have been demanding that Google end its notifications to websites that have been the subject of right to be forgotten requests, which have in some cases made it possible to identify the person making the request.
Their only obligation is to comply with legal restrictions over sites which must not be listed.